For instructions on how to use this product, please download our free training manual.
The Tubicles are a unique approach for teaching the five essential spelling rules. Students and teachers love using these 3-D, tactile, and color-coded tools to learn, teach, and review the rules.
The set of Spelling Rules Tubicles includes five color-coded cardboard boxes that present the five essential Spelling Rules. The Tubicles are an ideal tool for the teacher when introducing the rules to students, and then serve as a reference tool for students when spelling in class or later at home.
What are the Five Essential Spelling Rules?
- The Floss Rule (when to double final f, l, s)
- The Rabbit/Nibble Rule (when to double a middle consonant)
- The Doubling Rule (when to double the final consonant before adding a suffix)
- Dropping Rule (when to drop the final silent e before a suffix)
- The Changing Rule (when to change final y to i).
Each color-coded Tubicle offers four sides of content:
- A full-color illustration with the name of each rule
- The rule itself
- Example words that follow the rule
- Definitions of relevant vocabulary
Key features of The Spelling Rules Tubicles:
- A self-contained package of all necessary information for introducing, reviewing, and practicing all five essential spelling rules
- Acts as a quick and easy reference tool in the classroom
- Tangible-- something for the student to touch and hold rather than just to view
- Easy to hold and manipulate, even for young students
- Offers space inside for additional materials or surprises for the students, inspiring creativity
- Compatible with all spelling programs
Don’t try to find the word tubicles in any dictionary. It came from the dyslexic mind of its inventor, Mr. Bar, to describe the compact and tube-like shape of this product.